After an update to the current version of Pega Customer Service, perform the following post-update tasks if you are updating from Pega Customer Service 7.31.
- Pega Customer Service 7.4 adds more capabilities to App Studio, including portal search configurations and an editable user interface for service requests.
- In Pega Customer Service 7.4, the portal search capability is enhanced to include advanced search filters and search result grid that sources data from the data pages. If you want to continue using the previous search capability, then you must point the data source from pySearchResults.pxResults to D_SearchResultsFor after you update.
- In Pega Customer Service 7.4 , the AppContactSearch flow rules were
simplified for improved usability. Updates from 7.31 to 7.4, give these flow
shapes new locations:
- Shapes to create new contacts or anonymous contacts are relocated to the NewContact subprocess.
- Shapes used to verify a contact and an account are relocated to the new VerifyContactAndAccount subprocess.
- Reconfigure the existing Web Chatbot. This includes rebuilding Web Chatbot flows and updating the Webchatbotchannel ruleset to point to the current application version.
- For Pega Call, reconfigure the device capabilities to account for the move of the ChannelServices-Admin-DeviceCapabilities-Phone data table mapping pfw-cs-admin. For more information on importing and exporting the configurations, see the CTI link specific Operations and Configurations guide on the Pega Call page.
- In 7.4, an optional Interaction ID parameter is added to the Pega Customer Service Contact data page. For example, the D_Contact_Details[.ContactId] is now referred to as D_Contact_Details [ContactId:.ContactId,InteractionId: InteractionId:D_CPMPortalContext.pyID] or D_Contact_Details[ContactId:.ContactId].