Create a Parse XML rule to read the manifest file and map the nodes in the manifest file to properties in Pega Platform.
The goal of this procedure is to create the following rule with sample parameter values:
|Rule type||Rule name||Apply to||Ruleset|
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
- Expand the Integration-Mapping category, and then click Parse XML.
- On the Parse XML tab, click Create.
- On the New tab, configure the following
- In the Label field, enter UPlusManifestParser.
- In the Root Element Name field, enter
Note: manifest is the root element of the manifest file to be parsed by this Parse XML rule.
- In the Apply to field, enter the name of the
ingestion work class, which in this example is
Note: The system creates the ingestion work class automatically when you create the ingestion case type. To check what the ingestion work class is in your system, in the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click App, and then expand the following categories: .
- In the Add to ruleset fields, select UPlusCDH-Rules and 01-01-01.
- Click Create and open.
- On the Mapping tab, configure a mapping that matches the
structure of your manifest
Note: The mapping uses the processType and ManifestDetailsproperties that you configured earlier. Node Name Context Page Context Class Property Node Namespace manifest .ManifestDetails Data-Ingestion-Manifest UPlusManifestParser processType .processType totalRecordCount .pyTotalRecordCount files file .pyFilesList Embed-Data-FileDetails recordCount .pyRecordCount name .pyName size .pySize
- Click Save.