If you already used Next-Best-Action Designer version 2 in versions of Pega Customer Decision Hub earlier than 8.5, after upgrading to Pega Customer Decision Hub 8.5, you must update your Next-Best-Action Designer configuration to support multilevel decisioning.When planning the update, consider the various environments that you may have in your pipeline. First do the update in a single environment, in a dedicated, unlocked upgrade ruleset version, and then migrate all the rule changes to other environments in the pipeline.
- Ensure that no next-best-action outbound runs are active at moment and that no runs are
planned for the same time frame as the Next-Best-Action Designer upgrade.
Note: The upgrade can take 30-45 minutes.
- Ensure that no inbound requests, such as real-time event and real-time container requests, are planned for the same time frame as the Next-Best-Action Designer upgrade.
- Ensure that the Context Dictionary configuration is saved and valid.
- Ensure that the ruleset and version used by your access group are unlocked, or create an unlocked version of the ruleset. By default, the ruleset used to store the configuration is Artifacts.
- Optional: Check in all checked-out artifacts related to Next-Best-Action Designer to avoid potential issues during the upgrade.
- Optional: Lock and roll the Artifacts ruleset version. For more information, see https://community.pega.com/knowledgebase/articles/pega-cloud-services-post-upgrade-tasks-7x-8y/cloud/locking-and-rolling-ruleset-versions.
- Click Update now.
The message does not indicate an error and can be safely ignored. To remove the message, you can edit the engagement policy and save it without making any changes.