Configure the settings that connect your application to the chat server, and define the global settings for chat and messaging, such as the maximum number of conversations per CSR and how to calculate the wait time. You must provision your chat server from Pega Cloud Collaboration Services. The chat server processes the incoming requests from the chat and messaging queues.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of chat and messaging settings, click Chat and messaging configuration.
- In the Chat serversection, configure the following
- In the Chat server hostname field, enter the
host name of the chat server that has been provisioned to you. The host
name depends on the geographical region of the chat server:
- For the APAC region, the host name is au.chat.pega.com
- For the EU, the host name is eu.chat.pega.com
- For North America, the host name is us.chat.pega.com
- In the Configuration protocol list, select https.
- In the Port field, enter 443.
- In the Server configuration key field, enter the
private API key of your provisioned chat server account.You receive the server configuration key in an email to your operational contact.
- To ensure that Pega Customer Service connects with the chat server, click Verify Key.
- In the Chat server hostname field, enter the host name of the chat server that has been provisioned to you. The host name depends on the geographical region of the chat server:
- In the Wait time calculation section, configure how to
calculate the wait time for a queue.
- To prevent the system from routing a live chat request to a queue with
a long wait time, enter a value in the Wait time evaluation
window in minutes field.
For example: If you enter a value of 30, the system calculates the average CSR chat handle time for a queue based on live chat interactions that were resolved in that queue during the past 30 minutes.The average CSR chat handle time for a queue is one of several values used to determine whether to route a live chat request to a queue. For more information, see Implementing queues and routing.
- To define when the calculation for the wait time evaluation window
should start, enter a value in the Minimum number of
conversations for wait time calculation field.
For example: If you enter a value of 10, the system calculates a wait time only if there are ten or more conversations already in the queue.
- To display the wait time before the customer can chat with a live agent in the customer's chat window, select the Notify wait time to customer check box.
- To prevent the system from routing a live chat request to a queue with a long wait time, enter a value in the Wait time evaluation window in minutes field.
- In the Composing and saving section, configure the
- To display the rich text editing tools in the chat window, select the
Enable rich text editingcheck box.The CSR can use all of the features of the rich text editor control. The customer can use only images and emojis.
- To show the CSR what the customer is typing in the chat window before
the customer sends the message, select the See what the
customer is typing before they click send check
box.The CSR can use this time to plan an appropriate response or search for predefined content to send as a response.
- To prevent the proactive chat feature from inviting a customer to a
chat session when the wait time is longer than a specified number of
seconds, enter the number of seconds in the Allow proactive
chat when wait time is less than (seconds) field.
For example: If you enter 120, the system calculates the overall wait time of the queue and compares it with the value that you have entered in this field. The system presents the proactive chat window to the customer if the overall wait time for the queue is less than 120 seconds. Otherwise, the system does not present the proactive chat to the customer.
- To define how often the chat transcript should be updated and saved as
a conversation history, enter a value in the Chat transcript
save interval field.
For example: If you enter 3, the chat transcript is updated after every third message from the customer.
- To display the rich text editing tools in the chat window, select the Enable rich text editingcheck box.
- In the Audio notifications section, configure the
- To send an audio notification for an incoming work to the CSR, select the Enable audio notification check box.
- To determine the number of times to play the audio file, enter a value in the Number of times to play the audio file field.
- To upload an audio file for the audio notification, click
Upload file, and then select the audio file
from your media.Supported audio file formats are MP3 and MPEG4.
- Click Save.