To improve the customer service experience when a customer service representative (CSR) is not available for live chat, you can give customers the option to submit their chat questions as an email message by configuring the When Chat CSRs are not available settings. CSRs might be unavailable because of a lack of agents, the chat request occurs outside of business hours, or the message system is unavailable.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click .
- In the list of chat and messaging settings, click When chat CSRs are not available.
- To allow customers to submit their chat questions as email messages, select the Allow end-customers to submit an email when chat is unavailable check box.
- In the Email channel name list, select the email channel
to use when the chat CSRs are not available.
For example: Email sample configuration for Pega Customer ServiceThe Created in application field is automatically populated and displays the application name where the selected email channel was created.
- In the Offline email access group names list, select the
access group that the queue processor (invoked by the chatbot) should use to
create the offline email. You want to ensure that the queue processor can access the ruleset where the email channel rules are saved. By making this selection, you ensure that the queue processor can perform a full email natural language processing (NLP) analysis.
- Click Save.