If an application-provided case type is close to meeting your business requirements, modify it and use it. Modifying a case type can include editing or rearranging fields, modifying or adding a stage or step, and changing a service case layout by rearranging fields or changing the design template for view in App Studio.
- In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types.
- Click the service case that you want to modify.
- In the editor window, click the Data model tab to add a new data field or to modify an existing field for the case type.
- To modify or add a stage or step to the case type, click the
Workflow tab. For more information, see Case life cycle elements.
- To modify sections that use design templates, click Views and
click the specified view. For more information, see Case life cycle elements.
- To fine tune the behavior of the case type click the Settings
For example: You might want to adjust the SLA goal and deadline settings or define participants that are involved in the case.For more information about each tab, click the View contextual help icon at the right of the tab.