- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records, and then click .
- In the list of report definitions, click the report definition that you want to use as the main report.
- On the Query tab, in the Edit
columns section, define the contents of your main report.For more information, see Report definitions.
- Add the subreport to your main report:
- On the Data Access tab, in the Sub-reports section, click Add sub-report.
- In the Prefix field, enter a unique alias for
the subreport that you want to reference in the main report.The system uses prefixes to reference correct subreports.
For example: Enter SUBREPORT1
- In the Class name field, specify the class to which the subreport applies.
- In the Name field, select the subreport.
- Define how you want the subreport to function:
- Click Configure, and at the top of the
Configure sub-report use dialog box, specify
how many rows from the subreport to display.
For example: Select More than 1 row if you want to fetch address data that includes multiple rows, such as the city name or postal code.
- Optional: To specify which fields in the main report reference the subreport
data, in the Where will you use this sub-report?
section, select a specific check box.
For example: Select the Columns to include check box to reference the data in the Edit columns section of the Query tab.By default, the Right hand side of the filter conditions check box is selected.
- Click Configure, and at the top of the Configure sub-report use dialog box, specify how many rows from the subreport to display.
- In the How will you join rows in the reports? section,
specify the join conditions:
- Click Add join condition.
- In the Sub-report column list, select the
subreport property that you want to match with the main report.
For example: Select Label.
- In the Value field, select a property of the main report that matches the subreport property.
- In the Do not match rows list, select how the
system joins data.
For example: Select Include only matching rows from both reports to fetch matching records from the subreport and the main report.
- Click Submit.
- In the upper-right corner of the report definition, click Save.