You can enable search by using dynamic system settings.
- To view an existing setting, from the navigation panel, click . To create a new setting, click .
- Create and configure the following settings by clicking Create.
Dynamic system setting Default Description
9300-9400 Enables communication between nodes. Open a TCP port for each node in a Pega Platform cluster and make each port available for the indexing engine to use (for internal node-to-node communications only).
None Sets a search query time-out limit in milliseconds.
30 Sets the time-out to wait in milliseconds, for all nodes of a cluster, checking for an index node to become available during the startup process. If an index node is not available, the node starts after the time-out; it does not wait for the indexing node to become available.
Node initialization synchronizes the nodes once the indexing node is available.
None Generates alerts for search queries whose response time, in milliseconds, exceeds the specified threshold.
false Specifies whether encryption and authentication are enabled for communication among search nodes.
false Specifies whether to include only those properties with the Make this property available for full-text search option selected on the relevant Custom Search Properties instance.
false Specifies whether to include properties with access control policies in search results.
1024 Specifies the maximum number of search clauses. For example, when you have a filter such as
pxObjClass StartsWith "Data-Admin*", and if there are more than 1024 values of pxObjClass that would match, you would exceed the default maximum.
- In the Short description field, enter a short description.
- In the Owning Ruleset field, enter the owning ruleset, for example, Pega-RulesEngine.
- In the Setting purpose field, enter the setting as shown in the preceeding table. For example indexing/distributed/search_timeout_millis.
- Click Create and open.
- In the Value field, enter the value. For example, 3.
- Click Save.
- Repeat this procedure for the remaining settings.
- Click Save.