- Open the view that you want to edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
- In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
- On the General tab, define the label for the
- To keep the name of the property from which the control is sourced as the label, select the Use property default check box.
- To use a custom label, clear the Use property default check box, and then enter a new label.
- In the Placeholder list, specify the text that appears
in the control when it has no value assigned:
- To keep the placeholder space empty, select None.
- To add placeholder text, select Other, and then select the text that you want to use.
- To add a placeholder that represents the format of the date used in a Date Time control, select Expected Format.
- In the Helper text list, specify the additional text
that appears in the control:
Because tooltips are visible only on hover, they are not suitable for users who rely on accessibility features.
- To keep the helper text space empty, select None.
- To add inline helper text, select Always visible/in-line, and then define the helper text value.
- To add a help icon that displays text on hover, select Help icon with overlay on hover, and then enter the helper text.
- To add a tooltip, select Tooltip (not recommended), and then define the helper text value.
- Click Apply.