Applicable to Theme Cosmos applications Before you begin:
Make interaction with data more efficient and improve the quality of the user
experience by configuring the table toolbar. When you configure a table toolbar, users
can adjust the display of data at run time, and set and save a personalized view. With
the toolbar you can also present a summary of operations, for example, you can indicate
that columns are grouped by fields.
The system generates the toolbar for an optimized table when you enable any of the grid
operations in the properties of the table layout.
Note: When you configure a toolbar, you cannot use the responsiveness option in your
- Create a table layout for your application. For more
information, see Creating a table layout with code optimization.
- Optimize the table code before you customize the table toolbar. For more
information, see Optimizing table code.
- If you upgrade from Pega Platform version 8.3 or an
earlier version and your application uses tables with custom personalization
sections that include custom actions that override the standard
pyGridPersonalizeActions section, switch to standard
personalization sections and include your custom actions in the table toolbar.
For more information, see Adding custom actions to the table toolbar.
What to do next: You can enable additional options in your toolbar, such as
table personalization or display of custom actions. For more information, see Enabling table personalization and Adding custom actions to the table toolbar.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio,
- Expand the User Interface category, and
then click Section.
- From the section list, select the section that contains the target
- In the Table header, click
the View properties icon to display the
Properties pane, and then select the
- In the Grid operations section, select any number of the
available grid operations by selecting the required check boxes.
- Click Submit.
- Click Save.