Reduce the time that is required to translate your application by running a pre-localization check. By improving application readiness you can avoid processing errors and speed up the work of the localization wizard.
- Test and stabilize the application user interface.
- Verify that your current workstation locale is the same as the language in the original application. Do not run the wizard in a locale that uses a language that you cannot understand.
- If the custom rules in your application use text strings, create base field values in
one of your regular application rulesets so that the wizard can include their text in the
translation package.For more information, see Creating a field value.
- Use correspondence rules for emails.
- Determine which language packs are on your system. To acquire language packs, contact Pega Support.
- Install the language packs that you might need before you use the wizard.For more information, see Installing Pega language packs.
- If your system was upgraded from Pega Platform version 5.2 or earlier, verify that index reference validation was performed during the upgrade process. The list of fields for translation is derived from rule references in your application. If the references are not correct or current, some strings might be excluded from the translation package.
- Localized field values
The field values that can be translated are listed in the following table. Any field value that is not listed here cannot be translated.
- Localized rules
Translation packages contain a localization-ready copy of the text that appears in customer-facing UI components, such as buttons and sections. The translation wizard sources the text from the relevant application rules without changing their properties or relations. This approach separates the language of the application from its architecture, which helps with localization of the product into many languages.
- Field value mapping for auto-generated controls
Field values are of key importance for the localization wizard to render auto-generated controls in the target language.